A barista is someone who is prepared in get ready and serving coffee based espresso drinks, for the most part for a café or bar.
- 1-2 years experience as a barista.
- Well organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be energetic.
- Restocks certain areas when necessary.
- Verbally receives and calls back customer orders in a friendly manner.
- Weighs, grinds and brews coffee.
- Greets all customers with fast, friendly, personalized service and develops a relationship with customers by learning their names and favorite drinks.
- Excellent understanding of coffee and the different types of drinks such as, espresso, americano, macchiato, lattes, and more.
- Must be able to perform in a fast paced environment in the barista station.
A prep cook is someone who will be assisting in the preparation of various dishes and grab & go lunches in the kitchen.
- Minimum 1-2 years kitchen preparation and experience;(or) equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen.
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils.
- Must be able to perform in a fast paced kitchen environment.
- Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties.
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible.
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines.
- Food preparation of meats/poultry/game/fish, vegetables, and fruits, to include:
- Washing, peeling, cutting and seeding vegetables and fruits;
- Weighing and measuring ingredients;
- Methods of combination: stirring, mixing, whipping, breading, etc;
Cooking: steaming, sautéing, frying, baking, roasting, braising, boiling, poaching, broiling
- Lifting and moving equipment to and from work stations, stove, and refrigerator.